Snow & Trail ConditionsLast Updated: 02/12/2016 @ 07:40 AM
Sno-Eagles TRAILS IN
Good CONDITION with some Very Good & Fair
Icy, icy underneath
Sun was out yesterday but the melt was minimal as the high was at around 12. Even with the cold temperatures the sun can do some damage. Today high of 7 and low of 9 below. Cloudy early and Lake Snow this afternoon. Saturday 5 for a high and 6 below for a low. Next snow which appears to be Lake Snow will be Sunday.
Grooming continues and the trails are in Good shape for the weekend. The Lake Snow is giving the drivers something to work with. Drivers report some areas of chop. Here is what they and riders have found:
*Trl Alternate 13S is groomed all the way to the connection with the 3 Lakes Trails. Frozen up tight. Most is Good to Very Good but there are areas of blow out and ice that is slippery.
*Trl 10E is in Good to Fair condition. The sections of trail in the ditch line are way better than earlier. In most section no riding slanted anymore.
*Trl 13 in town if Fair. Good to Very Good further north. There is some wind blow in the open areas north plus areas with the big pines have thinner snow. Seems the snow just doesn't get through the trees.
*Trails heading west are pretty Good except Tril 70/7 up on the hill along side of Hwy 70W. Dropping down on Trl 17 and taking it through "The Paint Ball Field" to Hwy H. There you can continue on Trl 15 to St. Germain.
*Trails 10W/13N frozen on both approaches. Choppy. But not real bad.
Safety note. Please take the time to stop at Stop signs on the trails. Receiving many reports of riders not even slowing up at Trail and Road crossings. And stay on the marked trails. Riding non trail roads can be dangerous plus off trail riding causes lose of trails on private lands. Come On Man!
As you ride if you find a problem please call Trail Boss Tom at 715.617.0917 OR 715.617.4708 to report.
CATFISH LAKE LOOP & EAGLE LAKE TRAILS ARE BOTH MARKED WITH ORANGE REFLECTIVE BARRELS & OPEN! As you ride stay by the barrels because the entire lakes may/are not safe.
Did you remember to buy your New required Trail Pass? Call me 715.617.4708 if you need help OR Club President, Ken Storms at 715.479.5599 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org The turn around for the Discount $10 Pass is 7-10 days. The $30 version is TrackSide Hwy 45N, Boat Sport Hwy 70E and The Toy Shop Hwy 70W. NO LONGER AVAILABLE AT HOLIDAY NORTH OR SOUTH.
It's the weekend. Get ready to ride!
See ya on the trails!
PROUD GROOMERS OF THE SNOWMOBILE CAPITAL OF THE WORLD
Recorded Trail Updates – 715.479.5185
- Wednesday & Thursday are Sno-Eagles Trail Rides. Meet at 9am on Trail 13 in town by the Railroad Depot & Friendship House. Lunch on your own.
- Ride with Pride Raffle – 1st prize choice of 2016 SkiDoo snowmobile OR Cam ATV. 2nd prize 55″ Flat Panel TV. 3rd prize Wild Eagle Lodge mini vacation with dinner. 4th prize Eagle Waters Mini Vacation. Tickets $2 or 3 for $5. Go to sno-eagles.org for more outlets selling tickets. Drawing February 27 at TrackSide
- February 14 Northern Lights Annual Trailside Weiner Roast - 10am to 3pm - Sheltered Valley Rd of the Kimble Creek Trail - Three Lakes, WI
- February 18 - Monthly member Meeting - Sportsmen's Chalet 7pm
- February 27 - SNO(Saturday Night Out) White Spruce Inn
Miss Sno-Eagles, Tori Sleeman Ride With Pride Drawing February 27